- According to TV Shows on DVD, there will be a Batman: The Animated Series DVD release. This new DVD release is apparently the complete series, although it’s not clear if it included Batman: Gotham Knights or any of the straight to DVD releases. No pricing yet, but that would be a nice DVD boxed set to own. Batman: The Animated Series set new standards for television animation.
- According to KryptonSite, the first episode of the new season of Smallville is called Odyssey and will see the return of Oliver Queen (played by Justin Hartley). Set several months after the conclusion of Season 7, apparently Clark will be brought home by some surprising rescuers.
- Warner Brothers TV have signed Eric Kripke to a two year exclusive deal. Kripke is the creator and executive producer of their successful show Supernatural which will return for a fourth season this fall. Under the new deal Kripke will continue to helm Supernatural but will also begin to develop new projects. This could be Kripke’s chance to produce the prequel he has previously talked about which would be set in the Old West.
- Over at io9.com they have pictures from the first episode of Stargate: Atlantis Season 5. Be warned though there are quite a few spoilers at that link. I remain consistently underwhelmed by Stargate: Atlantis. I want to like it, but it always feels like Star Trek lite.
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (New Amsterdam) has been cast as the lead in Virtuality, Ronald D. Moore’s new project according to Slice of SciFi. The series is about the crew of a spaceship on a 10 year mission. Problems arise when the crew starts to confuse reality and virtuality due to the advanced holographic system on board and something invades that system playing on their weaknesses.
Image via Wikipedia
I’m looking for someone who would like to write a regular column on sci-fi and genre related television. Interested? Contact me!eoghann.com..