Category: Audio, Books, Science Fiction
published May 2nd, 2008
Welcome to week four of my podcast roundup for fans of science fiction, fantasy and comics.
Podcast Spotlight - Escape Pod
Escape Pod is the Science Fiction Podcast Magazine and that's exactly what it offers with each new issue/episode. Unusually for an online magazine, Escape Pods pays authors for the rights to their stories and also uses professional actors to read the stories. The result is a very polished production and stories from some very well known authors in the science fiction field.
If you're not already subscribing to this podcast you really ought to give it a shot.
Sci-Fi Podcast Roundup
Image via Wikipedia
- Beam Me Up #102 - Amongst other things offers part two of a reading of A Small Room in Koboltown by Michael Swanwick
- Cover to Cover #30BA - Including a discussion on the subject of authors’ rights and public domain intellectual property and fair use, and a lot more.
- Escape Pod #156 - Distant Reply, written by Mike Resnick and read by Steve Anderson .
- Fanboy Radio #467 - Scott, Oliver, Sean, Jeff, Luke, Brandon all discuss the new Iron Man film and discuss all the geek friendly movies that are scheduled for release this year.
- I Should Be Writing #89 - Mur talks about why writers may wish to use a Pseudonym.
- Lipstick Aliens #52 - Discussing the first four episodes from Season 4 of Doctor Who.
- PodCastle #5 - The Ant King: A California Fairy Tale by Benjamin Rosenbaum, ready by Stephen Eley.
- Slice of SciFi # 158 - The team interview Battlestar Galactica's James Callis.
- The Sphere Of Time by Steve Simons
This is a science fiction story that is suitable for children and adults alike. It tells the story of John Latham a scientist and Engineer, who thinks he has found a way to travel through time, space or even another dimension. However, he is not sure unless he can test out his ideas. John is lucky enough to come across a wealthy man who puts up the money to try out John's idea. But the crux of this book is, if he succeeds in getting there, wherever there actually is, what will he find when he gets there? Will he create situations that affect his own existence in the future? Would he be able to get back to his own world, universe or time? Or would John be trapped forever in that place and time that he so desperately wanted to travel to?
- Black Shadow by Steve Saylor
In a world where evil walks the earth, where super villains are taken over by demonic beings . They all want one thing, and one thing only. To take over the world. There is only one man who can stop them. One man with the powers and abilities to kick some serious demon ass. In a race against time to stop a portal that opens to Hell itself. One man, one hero, one sonofabitch you don't want to mess with.
And again I'd like to ask you to let me know if there are any podcasts you want to see added to the roundup. And podiobook authors, if you want me to list your book here, just contact me.eoghann.com.
Have some Sci-Fi or Fantasy related news? Tell Solar Flare.