Well I’ve been back from vacation for a week now and I’m almost caught up on things so it’s time to bring back my regular columns. Starting with the Sci-Fi Podcast Roundup.
Podcast Spotlight - Lipstick Aliens
Lipstick Aliens features blogger Cat (AKA Sci Fi Ranter Girl) and video podcaster Lynne Gryphon and the two offer a female perspective on all things sci-fi. It’s a simple format and the podcasts come in at around 15 minutes which makes it easy to fit them in.
One of the things I really like about this show is the level of enthusiasm that both Cat and Lynne show. Rather than emphasizing the minutiae they concentrate on having fun, and I think there’s probably more laughter in these short episodes than you’ll here in most hour long shows.
- Beam Me Up #103 - Has the second half of Greg Egan’s Integers.
- Cover to Cover #312A - And interview with author Tim Lebon and further discussion of ebooks.
- Escape Pod #161 - Alien Promises, written by Janni Lee Simner and read by Anna Eley.
- Fanboy Radio #476 - Actor Doug Jones is interviewed.
- I Should Be Writing - Nothing this week.
- Lipstick Aliens #55 - Cat and Lynne discuss Lost and time travelling bunnies…
- PodCastle #10 - Magic In A Certain Slant Of Light by Ann Leckie, read by Cat Rambo.
- Slice of SciFi #163 - An interview with Robert Wertheimer about Charlie Jade plus talk about Indiana Jones, Watchmen and Pacman.
Image via Wikipedia
- Playing For Keeps
Author Mur Lafferty recently announced that her podcast novel Playing for Keeps will be available in print from August. However in the mean time you can listen to it online.
Playing for Keeps is about Keepsie Branson a bar owner in Seventh City. She lives amongst egotistical superheroes and manipulative villains. When the city begins to melt down, it becomes hard to tell the difference between the good and bad guys.
And again I’d like to ask you to let me know if there are any podcasts you want to see added to the roundup. And podiobook authors, if you want me to list your book here, just contact me.eoghann.com..