A day late, but hopefully not a dollar short. Things are a little crazy this week for reasons I'll go into in more detail tomorrow. But lets get straight to the point of this post, cool sci-fi stuff from around the world wide web.
Image via Wikipedia
- First up this week is Lisa Paitz Spindler who offers us Thirteen Reasons To Become A Jedi.
- io9.com gives us a list of their own with Nine Reasons Why I Hate E.T.
- But it's not all lists. Torque Control reports on a recent symposium that discussed SF as a Literary Genre, how about that for a concept. I don't have the background for serious literary criticism, but there's some interesting ideas here.
- Over at SF Novelists, Mike Brotherton posted Science vs. Fantasy: A False Dichotomy. Is it? I'm not sure but he makes a solid argument.
- Slice of SciFi have scoured every episode of new Doctor Who to provide us with Doctor Who — Theories, Facts, Speculations. A word of warning, there may be some spoilers if you're not up to date with the latest season (UK airings not US!). If you're not worried about spoilers though there's some very interesting speculation.
- Slice of SciFi also speaks out In Praise of the Nerd Mom
- And what would one of these roundups be with SF Signal? They pick up a current hot issue in the blogosphere with MIND MELD: Young Adult SF/F Books That Adults Will Like, Too. Lots of great reading suggestions in that one.
Thats all for this week. If you want to keep an eye on what I think is worth reading, you can view my shared items on Google Reader. And if you have read (or written) an interesting article, let me know about it.